Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Week 3 in Bacau - Sunny skies in Bacauu - March 10, 2014

It's Sunny - first time seeing the sun since I have been here.

Beautiful Sunset today
This week just flew by! We just had so much fun we don't know where the time has gone.
Things have been going really good. The language is slowly coming, I am understanding a lot more, but still trying to speak better. The members in our branch are so sweet, they just teach me and are nice about it. And when we meet people contacting the second I say something they turn to Sora and say "she's not Romanian is she.." and then they just look at me like I am famous! Lots of people say I look like an actress, "The blonde haired girl on Bride Wars" and someone asked my companion if I was one of the "Charlies Angels".  

This week we did a lot of English contacting, we passed out SOO many cards. Of course Sora and I made it a game of who could pass all of their out first. We tied ;) But, we had about 9 people come.
While we were out we were walking through Centru and I saw this young lady on a bench crying. I told Sora I wanted to go talk with her and share her a scripture. So she said if I lead the conversation we could. So we walked up to her and I shared the scripture
3Nefi 12:14-16.  14 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid 15 Behold, do men light a acandle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house;16 Therefore let your alight so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and bglorify your Father who is in heaven.   

I said how I saw her light and I wanted her to know I was grateful for her. and then she started telling us her life story. We gave her our English card with our number and then Saturday she showed up to English gave us a huge hug and was SOO happy :) She wants to be an investigator, so we hope that can happen!  I know that I was guided by the spirit and we were supposed to stop and talk to her.  

Gabriella, a lady we met from English contacting last week, she is super sweet. She called us Monday night and asked if we could meet with her on Tuesday before English, and of course we said yes. We thought it would be a quick hello, but it turned into her taking us to her work, and them all loving us and trying to sell us their products. kinda funny. BUT she came to English and she wants to hear more about the church and she just loves us, so we are excited about her.

My favorite thing about contacting is how we can give this great message, we always start with the CLM and the people are willing to listen until they read the "Mormon" part and that's when they slam doors, or give us the "Romanian finger" (you put your index finger up and just move ONLY the finger back and fourth.) it's so funny.  We spent a lot of hours contacting, we met a couple FAMILIES!  Ahh, so exciting!

The weather here is strange, it's been SOO cold and humid with rain, but then sunday night it was calm, we woke up this morning to a SUNSET! first time I have seen the sun since I have been here! we were all pretty excited about that :)

Anyways, we have a fun week ahead, we have Zone conference up in Moldova.

We have our STLs coming tonight. So I go on splits with Sora Kelly tomorrow. Then we leave early Wednesday morning to Iasi, sleep over there Thursday morning leave to Moldova, then stay till Friday night, sleep in Lasi again and get back to  Bacau Saturday sometime. I am SOOOO excited. long week but it'll be an adventure!  :)

Thank you all so much for you love and support, I am growing so much each day I am here and loving every minute of it :)

Love you all.

Sora Parr :)
We went to the Mall today to get some things.  Had to hop on the horse. :)

It was so fun to make tacos this week. Yum Yum :)

The Ketchup bottle
Cooking Time :) Tortillas for the Tacos

Sora and I Contacting - I love my Sorella boots
Grandpa Woof Woof :)

There is a lot of Graffiti in this city.


We can actually see our shadows with the sun out finally :)



No comments:

Post a Comment