Saturday, July 4, 2015

Week 8 Sibui - From Three to Two

Hey Hey!!!

Today we said goodbye to Sora Ruiz, can't believe that she left. I think her leaving before me was keeping my mind off of the fact I go home soon.. kinda hit me today. BUT,trying not to think about it. I still have 2 exciting weeks ahead!

This week went by super fast for me, but slow for my companions. I was really sick for 4 days and spent almost all of them sleeping. I don't think I'll be tired again! My companions were amazing though, they were probably extremely bored, but they were good! A member was able to go on an exchange with one of them so that helped.
I finally got better and just in time for our Personal development night on Saturday. We had the Strattons, a senior couple serving in Bucuresti, come up and teach it. It was a really fun and interactive night. We had a few less active members and Investigator friends show up which was great.
Sunday was probably my favorite day of the week, Just the whole day was great, nothing out of the ordinary happened but the spirit was just so strong and I just felt so much love for these members here. Can't really explain it but it was a really good day.

I was thinking back to the seminary days and remembered a scripture that Brother Richens shared with me once, at the time I didn't think too much about it, but I was reading and really thought about it.

3 nefi 12: 14-16

14 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. 15 Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house; 16 Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven.


When I read this the other day it really made me think on how as a missionary I have the opportunity to wear my name tag and let the whole world know that I am a representative of Jesus Christ, but when I get home I'll have to take it off. How will I show others that I am STILL a representative of Jesus Christ? It was a good question to ask. When I was being trained my trainer had me write down 3 questions. ( they aren't the exact questions but same idea)

-What kind of missionary do i want to be?

- What will I do to become that missionary?

- What lessons do I want to take home with me?

and one of  the biggest things I want when I go home is to constantly show through my actions that I love my Savior and I know who I am. That i will have that light when other see me they can see "my good works and that I glorify my Father who is in Heaven."
I've loved my mission, and I'm excited for the adventures that will come the last few weeks.

Anyways,

Thank you all for your support and love, really means a lot. I am so excited to see you again. Have a great week!!!

Love Sora Maegan Parr


No comments:

Post a Comment