Saturday, July 4, 2015

Week 9 Sibui - Sora Parr, Signing Off!

It's here...... my LAST FULL WEEK!!!
I can't even believe it!

This week has been a great one. I don't know where the time has gone because I was just barely writing an email it feels yesterday.
So this week we had some cool experiences.

Friday we had a member missionary activity and we visited some less actives. There is one lady who we haven't ever been able to meet up with for months. We felt like we should go visit her kind of expecting her not to be home, but she opened the door and was the Happiest person. Turns out that she works every single day from 10-10. Friday she had a Dr. appointment and was home at 6 for the first time in a long time. That morning she had prayed that she would have some sort of miracle in her day then we knocked on her door that night. It was a testimony to me that answers our prayers are ALWAYS answered, and a lot of the time others are the answers. We visited with her for a while and she is just an amazing women. We are praying with her that somebody else will be hired so she can have at least Sundays off to be able to come to church. She is a great member. She actually lived in Belgium a few months ago and was telling me how amazing the missionaries there were. I just thought of my Bro. :)

ALEX HAS A BAPTISMAL DATE!! He's betting baptized on the 4th of July. I am SO happy for him. It's been amazing to see how ready he is. I'm really excited for him. It'll be a great day.

We spent a lot of time getting ready for our "MEET THE MORMONS" showing. We cut up SO MUCH veggies and fruits. we cleaned this church very well. I made a chore list for the district and I know my mom would have loved it. I wrote it just like she would. :)
Well, the showing we had 2 people the first one, and about 5 the second. plus us missionaries. Not that many people, but those who came were defiantly "the ones" we were able to give them both a Book of Mormon and they had so many questions about us. Especially after "the missionary mom" part of the movie. It was a really cool day.

Sunday was good, we had a good turn out to church and had a fun Munch and mingle after with all our veggies ;)

I had THE most amazing last p-day ever. We went to Brasov Sunday at 3, then got there at 6, had a lesson with Rebecca, one of Sora Cox's Recent converts there, i met her last time i was there. It was really fun. then stayed at the STLs apartment. Then yesterday morning we woke up got ready and left the apartment at 8, went and explored Brasov took AMAZING pics, met a super cute couple from NY who knew all about Mormons talked with them. got some ice creme in Centru, then the Blairs came and we went to BRAN CASTLE!!!! super super cool :) We met a Mormon couple, the wife if Romanian and it's her first time back in 11 years, and she brought her kids. It was fun hearing someone say "SISTERS!"
The Blairs drove us this BEAUTIFUL view way up in the mountains, we stopped took pictures and then they took us up to Poiana Brasov, this amazing ski resort where the western Europe young adult conference thing is in a few weeks. it was SO much fun. Then they took us out to diner, i got Sarmale and Mamaliga, my last time probably and it was the 2nd best I've had ever.
so then we took a train from Brasov to Sibiu and got here at 10 pm. SUPER SLOW TRAIN. then went to bed. got up and came to email quick :)

It was such a great week and this last one will be even better.
I can't believe my time is here. I'm so happy that I've been able to be here and have this experience. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have made some amazing life long friends and grown and learned so much.
I can't wait to see you all next week. Thank you for EVERYTHING. your emails letters and support has been such a strength to me. I appreciate you all so much.
Thank you <3

NE VEDEM MEIRCURI!!!
Love you all!!!
te pup <3

Sora Maegan Parr, Signing off :)
Beautiful Romania

Bran Castle (Dracula Castle)
Beautiful Romania

No comments:

Post a Comment