Buna Ziua!!
survived the second week in the MTC, woot woot!
I can't believe that it is already p-day again!
This week was so great, something exciting happened everyday. And of couse a good laugh comes every 10 minutes with our district.
So Tuesday: Sora lee and I taught our investigator George (who is our teacher now) again, he was just laughing at us the whole time. we decided that he notices something that we forgot to bring, or knows we are unsure of and focuses on that.... so We had such a great lesson planned and were super excited to teach, right after we walked in he asked us about the Cartea Lui Mormon (BOM) .... guess what we forgot to bring in.. THE CARTEA LUI MORMON! yeah, but he just laughed and told us to bring it the next day. Near the end of the lesson we both had a feeling to ask him to be baptized, so we aked him and he said YES!! it was so amazing! we we both super happy! he told us that once he felt the spirit so strongly when we taught him and that our testimonies would always touch his heart, So we were pretty excited about that :)
Tuesday nights we have devotionals and special speakers come and talk to us. we were told that one of President Monsons 14 best friends would be coming to speak to us.... we all were hoping for Uchdorft, It ended up being David A. Bednar! He is amazing, it was such a great experience to hear from an Apostle! It was broadcast-ed to all of the MTCs all over the world, We were in the Choir singing " nearer my god to thee" and sora Lee and I had a close up on the camera, we felt MTC famous :) Anyways, Elder Bednar, He talked about faith and how faith is an action, we must act first in faith and then the power will come. He compared missions to the Children of Isreal, when they had to cross the river they got their feet wet before the water parted. So as missionaries we must have enough faith to go out and get our feet wet by talking to people, and then then the Lord will use his power and send us those who are ready. So yeah that was a great night hearing from him!
Wednesday:
So wednesday was our 1 week mark, we were happy about that! it went really slow but once it hit sunday the days just flew! Wednesday was great, we had our last lesson with george, and he is excited to be "baptized" we felt super accomplished about that!! we learned alot from teaching him, we learned a lot about faith, and how we NEED to have faith when we go and teach, because when we are stressed about how to speak the language the spirit isn't there, but when we go in faith, the lessons are always good and the spirit is always there.
later that night I got a little homesick, so as a district we all talked about home and cried happy tears. But we all went to bed smiling :)
later that night I got a little homesick, so as a district we all talked about home and cried happy tears. But we all went to bed smiling :)
Thursday: Thursday I got really sick, and so we are good friends with the Elders going to Germany, since we have no elders in our district, I asked this elder from Cedar if he would give me a blessing, he did and it was very sweet. My teacher told me and Sora Lee to go take an hour nap and when I woke up I felt so good. Priesthood blessings are amazing, and it is so wonderful being here where all of the young men are so worthy and are able to give them.
I got the warm blanket from Grandma and Grandpa that afternoon, i am so warm at night now! :) That night sora Lee and I memorized "our Purpose" in Romanian!!! I will try and send a picture of it.
Friday: so on Friday we discovered SACK BREAKFAST!! greatest thing in the MTC, we wake up, go get some milk and bagels, then go to gym for an hour and then get ready. Gym time is way fun too, we have a volleyball competition going on and that's fun because we have lots of "former players" who are good. It's like church ball but better! Friday our investigator George became our teacher.. He didn't serve in Romania, but he was born there and just moved to the states about 1 year ago after his mission. It's way cool having an actual romanian as a teacher.
Saturday: We studied A LOT!! and it was a hard learning day, we learned all about the vowels and the random sounds two letters combined make. so our favorite word of that day was Pawsa (break) we learned a cool trick.... Sora Lee and can scale the walls like spiderman! pretty awesome, i'll put a picture on too.
I promise that we are really learning! but it is vital to have fun here! and crack a joke every hour :)
Sunday: wow another amazing day!! our sacrament is at 7:30 so yea sack breakfast again. For sacrament I sang the song "live like you believe" by jenny Phillips. It went so good, all throughout the day our Anzianos (Italian elders in our zone) kept thanking me for singing and that they loved my voice and things. I loved that song because of the message of it, It is good for a missionary to relate too and this week a lot of the Anzianos were having a tough time and you could tell that the message of the song was perfect for them, so I was happy about that :)
for relief society we had Sister Rosemary M. Wixon the General primary president came and talked to all the Sisters, I don't think that there was one dry eye in the room, she was so great!!! I loved it because she brought up all of my favorite primary songs and related them to missions. We sand the new version of As sisters in Zion, and the spirit was just... AH! She changed the words to I hope they call me on a mission. it was fun to sing " I'm glad they called me on a mission. look at me, I've grown a foot or two. I know that I am ready. To teach and preach and work like missionaries do!" so Sundays the serve yummy byu ice cream, and after that great treat we go to a Sunday night Devotional! guess who came to that?! Sherie Dew (former general relief society 2nd counselor) she was so good too. We were definitely spiritually fed this week.
Okay so i am sure you are wondering about the Subject of this email "locked out and sugared up!"
Okay so funny story......Last night me and my companion Sora Lee and the other Romanian Soras in my room, Sora Barrera and Sora Robertson were up talking and giggling like crazy. We had consumed vast amount of candy. For some reason we all couldn't fall asleep (because we were all on a sugar high) so we were just laying in the bed with the lights off, busting up. Okay so we started laughing so hard it got to the point where we all really had to go to the bathroom and as always, girls must go to the bathroom in a big herd.
So we all walk out of our apartment, laughing like nuts and then we hear, "click" as our door swings to a close. Hahaha. It was midnight and we just got locked out of our apartment. Hahaha we immediately started laughing, not a drop of fear came over us. Usually, we put the stopper in the door when we go in and out but since our brains were fried, we had forgotten to do that. Eagerly, we searched for a bobby pin, you know, so we could get all "secret agent" and try and pick the lock open. That FAILED. Haha so it got to the point where we ran to the red phone at the end of the hall which connects us to the front desk. Sora Barrera was talking to the receptionist about getting us back into our apartment. We were all so exhausted so of course we had that crazy laugh still going.
"Shoot" she said, "We have to walk all the way to the main building, then they can give us the key". Okay so that doesn't sound bad right? WRONG. It was about 5 degrees outside and we were all in our pajamas. We had no access to our coats or shoes because well, they were locked in our apartment haha. For those of you familiar with the MTC, my apartment is down at the far end, by the big flags, towards BYU campus and I had to run to the main building, with the big glass windows and the check in desk, IN MY PJS. For my non LDS friends, it was the same distance as probably 2 football fields. Only one of us had slippers on and the rest of us dug through the clothing donation bins to try and find something warm to put on hahaha.
So we get to the main building, wearing random borrowed clothes haha and the man at the front desk said, "This makes for a fun evening" hahaha. We explained our story, how we all went to the bathroom together and the door shut behind us. The man receptionist and the man security guard started busting up, "No problem Sisters, we completely understand, girls always have to pee together don't they?" So they were nice and not mad at us at all and we got a loaner key and got back into our apartment. That was such an experience.
So as you can tell, I love the MTC and I love my companion and district. I am having such a great time here and I am learning so much. I am learning to fully put my faith in the lords hand and know that his plan for me is the best plan. I am so happy I am here :)
Hope you have a great week!!
Love, Sora Parr :)
The missionary purpose in Romanian from PMG :)
My District Family :) Love them all
My Best Friends :)
I love my Sisters
New favorite candy bar - SKOR
2 in a day - 1 from Brooke and 1 from Mom :)
Enjoying Cookies sent to Sora Parr from the Hunt Family
So excited for Package from Lexi :)
New shirts they got together.
Must be a party in the residence :)
At the Temple with the Italionazos Elders
2nd P- day at the MTC - you look darling Maegan.
P-Day cute sisters
love the faces
Silly Companions
First day at MTC - notice the dots on the tag. They call them dork dots.
In class...look at Meg face. long day of learning :)
We all scream for ice-cream
All 9 Sora's going to Romania/Moldova Mission
haha what are they up to
Name Tags
The MTC District of Sora's
left to right
Sora Barara - Maryland, Robertson - Canada, Ruiz - Mexico, Uhl - Utah, Sayer - West Jordan, Bastidas - Peru, Lee - California (Maeg's Companion), Parr - St. George, and
Barker - Alpine, Utah
Barker - Alpine, Utah
Loves the MTC and her District. She just glows and has funny faces :)
No comments:
Post a Comment