Monday, January 13, 2014

MTC Week # 1 - The Day of 1st's

MTC Monday January 13, 2014

1st Email and 1st Picture and 1st P-day 


It's Official - Sora Parr has her own missionary name badge :)

MTC District

Loves them all so much.

The District all Sora's 


Sora Lee and Sora Parr
Provo Temple


Snowman some missionaries made at MTC

Sora Lee and Sora Parr teaching a discussion 
in Romanian style


Top Bunk Sora Parr - notice the cute blanket Aunt Brooke made for her to stay warm. 

My favorite picture :)  Sora Parr pointing to her mission
Romania/Moldova


Sora Parr Music Coordinator for her Zone
Sora Lee District Leader

MTC Companions :)


MTC Laundry Room - 1st P-Day doing laundry!




Week 1 - 1st Email Home

Well I made it to p-day! I love it here so much, the spirit is always so strong and the other missionaries and staff are super friendly. 
I got my glasses! they made a HUGE difference, and they are super cute. 

The first day. Well after we said goodbye we went straight into the main building where we got our name badge! I loved that part, because that is when we became official missionaries  So they took us into our classroom and we met our companions. My companion is Sora Lee, I love her so much! we are like best friends, we have gotten along so well and are always agreeing when it comes to teaching our investigators. She is from California and is also 19. We have so much in common and we already know why we have been put together as companions. We keep each other going and are both always smiling and saying Buna to all the missionaries. 
So our teachers do not speak any english to us at all. They only talk in romanian, so that first class was WAY confusing. Good thing sora Lee and I are great with Charades. 
Our district is only Soras, there is 9 of us, we don't know why there aren't any elders, but i love it with only sisters. We all just get along great.
Our zone is the romanians and Italians. they are all so cute and fun too. there are elders going to italy. today one of them went through the temple to receive his own endowment because he is from Albania and they don't have a temple there. It was so amazing being with all of us missionaries together in the temple, the spirit was so strong and we were all glowing and happy.
I don't feel like i overpacked at all, All the soras packed the same or more than me.... that shocked me ;) my clothes are great, and keeping me warm. and we all dress the same, it's funny because tons of sisters all match because we all shopped at the same stores in provo. Nobody has the reversible skirts though, so i love them :) 

So we have an Investigator George, he is our teacher we haven't met as our teacher yet. We have taught him 2 lessons already. The first one went great, sora lee and I felt super prepared, and we were able to truly listen to the spirit. Everytime we looked down to our romanian sentances paper, it always was on the page it needed to be on for when we answered his questions. 
So we were super happy about that. 
The second lesson was kinda a smack in the face. We felt like we knew what we were going to teach and we had a great lesson, but when he started asking us questions we couldn't translate them and we were searching our books to see what we could say. and about after 2 minutes of us not saying anything he asked us to leave.... but before we left we got him to say a prayer, so that was great. We both took that really hard, so we went to get our mail and got a chocolate bar ;) so then we were happy! 
I have loved getting everybody's dear elders, and letters, and packages. they have been so fun to read and always something to look forward to. 

So I was called to be the Music coordinator in our branch, So i am in charge of getting musical numbers around, choristers and pianists. then selecting the songs. I played for sacrament yesterday and then on thursday I am going to try out to sing for a MTC devotional with everybody :) a Sister going to italy plays the piano just like Bishop Woody, where she looks at the hymn and just goes from there, it is amazing. So she is going to accompany me If i get in. I am gonna sing Live Like You Believe, by jenny phillips. I am excited :) 

Sunday was so great! we have church at 7:30, which is way early, but still great, our branch presidency is great. His wife feminds me alot about you mom, so shes like my mom away from you <3 

We have relief society with everybody in the big gym, we were going to have a mmber of the General Relief Society presidency come and talk to us, but she didn't show up? The MTC presidency wives talked and it was so great. I think they were trying to make us all homesick because they showed "Music and the spoken word" and it was all about familes and they sang the song homeward bound. That was a tear jerker, but I have my soras here are my family away from home and I just love them :) 

the Language..... well :) it is coming that is for sure, i have learned so much in just 3 days of classes. We memorized the first aticle of faith to show our teacherstomorrow and surprise them.
We have been praying in Romanian and learned to bear our testimonys. It is so weird reading romanian because the grammer and the random sounds that letters make. like ce, makes a CHA sound and much more. but it is improving, and we still have 5 1/2 more weeks :) 

I am so happy here and I know that Heavenly Father is proud of me and that I am supposed to be here and to be going to Romania. I love you all so much, Thank you for all the letters and sweet thoughts. I Miss you all, but i am happy here :) 

Love you, Sora Parr <3

Mom: I don't have ons of emails, but if you can send it to the rest of the family then that'd be great :) I love you :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment