Ciao Family! ( I love Ciao)
Can you believe that it is almost the end of the transfer? Because I sure can't!! We have NO idea where time has been going, it is just going a bit too fast some days. We had a really fun week.
We went and visited the Dutu family again, we (well more like the elders) are helping them with some things on their house. Sora Dutu is so funny, so we called her the night before to set up us going over, and she said to Sora Parker "Wow you sound basically Romanian! Tell your companion to get better" then that day over there I was talking to her and she said the SAME thing to me, "Sora you sound Romanian, tell your companion to get better" we just laughed because she didn't know who she was talking to but kept telling us we both speak really well while the other didn't. She is blind, but is the sweetest lady ever!
We went and visited the Dutu family again, we (well more like the elders) are helping them with some things on their house. Sora Dutu is so funny, so we called her the night before to set up us going over, and she said to Sora Parker "Wow you sound basically Romanian! Tell your companion to get better" then that day over there I was talking to her and she said the SAME thing to me, "Sora you sound Romanian, tell your companion to get better" we just laughed because she didn't know who she was talking to but kept telling us we both speak really well while the other didn't. She is blind, but is the sweetest lady ever!
We got to go to the Orphanage again this week, it is definitely the favorite part of my week. They absolutely love us missionaries, each time we go they barely let us leave. This little girl who is almost always with me said "Mae, can you be my sister? you're so cute and nice." it was honestly the cutest thing ever!! It is such an experience we have to go there, it makes me really grateful for my family and the environment I grew up in. So blessed. The kids though remind me so much of all my little cousins <3 I love each of you.
We had a fireside up in Oradea on Saturday. We rented out a maxi taxi and took us missionaries, 2 members and a friend up there. It's 3 hours away so it was a day trip, 7 hours in a bus, but it was really great. The temple president is a really great guy, I got to play the piano for preludes which is always great, so Him and his wife came up and talked to me for a second to introduce themselves. He talked about families and how great it is to know that Families are Forever, and that we should always aim for the temple.
On Sunday I gave a talk, first time in this branch, It went really good. It's fun being able to speak Romanian and know what you're saying. I talked on Faith and how we can strengthen our faith. It came from a talk by Elder Holland, "Lord, I believe". I really liked it because he stresses that Even the smallest amount of faith is enough, all we have to do is Believe. Here is the link so you can read the talk. I love Elder Hollands talks. :)
After church we went to Sora Nedelcu's house for lunch, she loves Parker and I so we were the only 2 invited ;) We had ciorba de fasole and Sarmale. Sups good, and she only has you eat small portions so even better! I actually really like Romanian food, can't wait for you all to try it when I get home :) She is the greatest, funny story. So she always has a hard time remembering our names.... She was pulling out some chocolate candies for us to give to the elders and as she pulled it out Sora Parker went "ooo wow" and I went "ooooooh!" So now, those are our names haha! We had a good laugh with her about that.
We really love our members here, small number, we only had 4 at church, but such strong and amazing people.
Basically this week was really great, we are doing work, and just loving Timisoara and the people here. The language is coming SO great, it's been really fun feeling comfortable and being able to see how far I've come and grown.
I love you all, Miss you, hope all is well, Keep the Faith.
Have a great week!!
![]() |
| Keep the Faith :) |
| Hot Chocolate time it's getting cold. We found a Starbucks. My hair looks red but no I didn't dye it mom it's still blonde. :) |
| Always have to make time for Pizza :) |
| Branch Activity Pizza Party |
| Still love to laugh and smile :) Yup still a blonde ;) |
| We got to see the temple :) At least a picture of one. One day there will be a temple here in Romania. |
| Sora Parker <3 I just love her so much. So glad we are companions. :) *mom here* found these picture on the internet of ciorba de fasole and Sarmale. |



No comments:
Post a Comment