Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week 4 Ploietsi - "An Apple a Day"

Wow, this week was SO GOOD :) 

Wednesday we had a cleaning check in our apartment, the Nelsons came up from Buc. We passed :) then they took our district out to dinner. That night Sora and I caught a train up to Brasov for our exchange with the STL's there. BRASOV IS BEAUTIFUL, wow. first time I have been there. I've missed the mountains.  While we were waiting for our train we met a man from India, and had a cool conversation with him. 

Thursday was our exchange in Brasov, I was with Sora M. She is super fun, we had a really cool lesson about family history and taught a member how to use Family Search on her tablet. We were able to upload her pictures right then, it was great and to see the excitement on her face. Then we visited the BP's wife, she  was a really nice lady. I love how nice members here are, they just welcome you and love you. We got to contact in Piata Sfatului, with the big brasov sign on the mountain, took pictures. then had a sisters dinner with 6 of us that night. We had 5 of us from our MTC group there. 

Friday morning we went to the Gara in Brasov to get train tickets and got them for 9:30, out train had a 2 hour delay and we ended up just waiting there for a long time. We had 2 guys come up to us and ask in english about the train situation, we ended up talking and turns out they are both from BELGIUM! that is where my brother is serving! They had never met "Mormons" before and so we talked a little about what we believe. They were really nice, told me alot about the people in Belgium. They thought it was really cool I had a brother serving where they are from. 

Saturday, Valentines day, woot woot. it was a busy day, the couples in the branch had a dance and the youth all played soccer out front and Slack lined, while the kids played inside the primary room. It was a really fun big branch activity. I love this branch, they're pretty great. 

Sunday was branch conference, so lots of people were here. I was able to sing with 2 members "langa tine doamne" - Nearer my God to Thee for the special hymn in sacrament.  It was beautiful and brought the spirit. The rest of the day was good, we had dinner at a members house with all the missionaries and a recent convert. It was a great meal. :) 

Today we got our keys to the new apartment, We finally get to move!!! We spent most of the day with our land lord her telling us all about the place and how to work all the appliances.  And in about 40 minutes we have a dinner appointment with a couple in our ward.
Busy but great day.  We are excited to unpack our suitcases :)

This week was really a great one, I love missionary work, and missionary work on the go. I read a really cool quote this week.

“You can count the seeds in an apple, but you can't count the apples in a seed. When you teach, you never know how many lives you will influence...you are teaching for eternity”

― Karen Jensen

I really liked this, you never know how you influence others. Maybe one day those guys from Belgium, or that man from India will meet another Mormon and say "oh I remember those two nice girls in Romania, yeah lets meet." Ah, it gives me chills thinking about how such small acts can lead to great things.

I love you all, and hope you have a great week. 
Love, Sora Maegan Parr

Happy Valentines Day<3

No comments:

Post a Comment