Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 5 Ploietsi "ONE YEAR MARK IN ROMANIA"

Hey Family <3
So this week just went by!

We got all settled into our new apartment, which is super nice, had a fun little house warming party dinner with the other sisters. Taco pizza, sounds weird, but it's super good! Especially because my comp made it. She makes amazing food.

We had ZONE CONFERENCE Thursday. It was such a great conference. The Ivory's had friends from England come and they spoke to us. We talked a lot about obedience and the blessings that come from being obedient. They also told us stories about the Amundsen's South Pole expedition. There were 2 expedition companies trying to go the South Pole, one company was prepared and stayed on track, while the other wasn't prepared and ended up dying... moral of the story: prepare for the unexpected.

I was also asked to sing the special musical number for Zone Conference , Sora Uhl Played and I sang "Savior, Redeemer of my soul" the lyrics are sooo beautiful. And I loved singing it because I was able to bear my testimony through song. 

1.Savior, Redeemer of my soul,
Whose mighty hand hath made me whole,
Whose wondrous pow'r hath raised me up
And filled with sweet my bitter cup!
What tongue my gratitude can tell,
O gracious God of Israel.

2. Never can I repay thee, Lord,
But I can love thee. Thy pure word,
Hath it not been my one delight,
My joy by day, my dream by night?
Then let my lips proclaim it still,
And all my life reflect thy will.

3. O'errule mine acts to serve thine ends.
Change frowning foes to smiling friends.
Chasten my soul till I shall be
In perfect harmony with thee.
Make me more worthy of thy love,
And fit me for the life above.

Friday we went over to a member’s house and made root beer with her and her family, they love root beer :) that was a fun night. She asked us to help her with primary so on Sunday I was able to go in to primary and teach the kids some new songs, we're also working on translating songs for mother’s day so they can sing to their moms and the women in our branch. :) 

Saturday night The YSA put on a Word of Wisdom activity, they did a great job. We ate some salad, apples, and then we ended with some ZUMBA. The youth in the branch are awesome, this whole branch is awesome. :)
I was asked that night to talk the next morning in church... so I got to talk Sunday. I spoke on Faith :) I shared part of Elder Holland’s talk "Lord, I believe" go and read it if you haven't before. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/lord-i-believe?lang=eng
It went really well.

I have one last thing to share.... So this week my companion shared with me a poem that I really like.  We both came into the mission together and just hit our ONE YEAR mark in Romania.

As I stared out the window
the tears still in my eyes,
I saw the vision of those I love
as we said our last goodbyes.

The ride was long and trying
as two questions plagued my mind,
"Do I want the life that's up ahead,
Or the one I left behind?"

Two years is such a long, long time
for going door to door.
In my reflecting I thought to myself,
"There really must be more."

I dragged myself down off the plane
and started smiling at the beach,
When a man named President said smiling
 "Sister, you've come to the right place."

I sit reflecting once again
as this day is my last.
Please Lord, this isn't fair.
the time goes by so fast.

And I stare out the window
the tears still in my eyes,
I saw the vision of those I love
as we said our last goodbyes.

The ride was long and trying
as two questions plagued my mind,
"Do I want the life that's up ahead,
or the one I left behind?"
  
Isn't that SO good?
Anyways, I love you all so much, thank you for your emails and your prayers and your examples to me. :) 
I am so grateful for all of you.

Love, Sora Maegan :) 
xoxo
Ploiesti!!
Ploiesti!! My Companion Sora Uhl
Taco Pizza 
House Warming Party with the other Soras :)
I love the Alstons - they were the senior couple in Timmi before they were transferred to another area.
It was so good to see Sora Parker at Zone Conference
MTC Soras Meet up at Zone Conference.  I love them all <3
The Wilson family sent me a package :) :)
On the train back home to Ploietsi after Zone conference.
My cute family and sisters sent me a Valentine Package <3<3<3



Sora Lee this is for you <3
Love these primary kids in our branch.
Love these Primary kids in our branch here in Ploietsi <3
Ploietsi District Soras
Best breakfast cereal and notice my thought "Be the Happiest person you know"  <3
My favorite temple <3

Jett-Man my cute cousin - this is for you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment