Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Week 2 Sibiui - What a Great Week it has been!

What a week! who knew you could do SO much in 7 short days.

On Tuesday we started the day on a train, Me Sora Cox and Alexandra (member) went to a city 2 hours away called Deva. It used to have missionaries there but it has been closed for 2 years now. But the members out there really needed some visits. We went and visited 4 different members out there. It is really hard to be so far from any branch so they were a bit down. We talked to them about making a habit of prayer and scripture study in their everyday lives, and doing all they can to come to church, that if they do their part the Lord will do the rest. It was a really hard day, but it was a very thing. Made me so much more grateful that i literally have the church in my back yard at home. I don't have to drive 2+ hours to church on Sundays.

So Wednesday we had sports morning? We went to the park and played ultimate Frisbee, it was so much fun! Then we went and met up with a few people. Angela she is super cute she works in a Pensiune in Centru which is a type of bed and breakfast place. We only had a few minutes to talk to her, I got to meet her then we set up for another day this week.  A member gave us a ref feral, so we met up with her in Piata mara, Ionella, She is a young mom and has a 7 year old daughter and her husband. She is really sweet, we met and set up for a time to meet because she didn't have time right then. 

FUNNY STORY:  after we had met up with Ionella in Centru, we saw a whole bunch of boys ages 11-19 playing  basketball on a random hoop set up. They had music playing and it looked cool. I told Sora cox I wanted to see if I could go shoot! As we were hading over there 4 boys ran up to me and said "do you think you can make a basket?" and I said "well yeah, I'm awesome;)" haha so they gave me the ball.... I started walking and all the sudden there were 3 huge cameras surrounding me and one of the camera men was yelling "dribble the ball!!" so I started dribbling the best I could in a skirt haha and took my shot. SUNK IT!! and everybody was cheering. It was super funny!! It was a advertisement for the new basketball league starting here in Sibiu. 
----ALLIE YOU BETTER BE PRACTICING!!  1 on 1 me and you! ------
That day was Sora Cox and Elder Boydstun's year mark in the country so we got some ice creme comes to celebrate :) 

Thursday We had one lesson set up with Anca (member) and her family. With her she has been wanting to learn how to lead music so we sit and sing songs while leading music. I LOVE the spirit that music brings. Anca and her family literally live in a box on the outskirts of town.... but even with their circumstances she still does all she can to have the spirit in her home at all times. 
For the rest of the day we planned to pass out Branch Conference invites and Liahonas to less active members... We decided the fastest and funnest way to do this would be to rent bikes! So we rented bikes for the day and had quite the adventure :) 

Friday I got to go on an exchange with Sora Ruiz. Our companions went to Oradea for zone conference. We already went this transfer so we were told to stay in Sibiu. We had a good time though. We got to meet up with  Ionella, (the referral we met in Centru) and had a fun English lesson with her. 

Saturday we had a games day with a few of our members and friends here. 
Sunday was district conference, that was good. 
We had a branch dinner that night, I made Cabbage oriental salad.... it's more of a girl food haha... but all the men were eating it to be nice ;) 

Today for p-day we went to Cisnidioara, a really cool old church. Romania is SO beautiful, I love this country so much.

We had quite the week, but it was so great and I am so grateful that I am able to met such wonderful people out here.

Love you all!!!
<3 Sora Maegan Parr


























Yes I drank water from a WELL today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment