Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 9 Timisoara - Where did this week go?

Where did this week go? It went by so quickly. 
We had a very busy week, but lots of fun. I don't have a lot of time but here is a snip of this week. :)
This week we moved apartments, best thing ever. Our new apartment feels like we are at Grandma's house. Probably the best missionary apartment in the mission. We have a dishwasher....... so we decided to make a yummy dinner yesterday. Sora's mom sent her a yummy chicken noodle recipie. We made homemade noodles, got a rotisserie chicken, made JUDD's breadsticks and even a salad :) We felt pretty domestic in a new kitchen!
Other than the food, the week was great. We were on a train for about 20 hours in total.  Romania is So beautiful, I don't love train rides, but I do love what I see outside of my window.  Romania is sooo beautiful. :)

Zone conference was in Bucuresti, we had Elder Kearon of the Seventy's come and talk to us. He is very inspiring. He said somethings that stood out to me..... "Know who you are, that is the base of missionary work, you have to wear your message.  He shared 3 qualities of a good finding missionary: 
1. Courage 
2. Energy 
3. SMILE  :)
It was a really good conference.  We all left feeling more energized and excited about the work here in Romania. Plus it was great to see all my missionary friends. There were 7 of us 9 MTC Sora's were together again.   I even met 2 of their babies (trainees) !!!
We had 22 people at church this week, it was so GREAT!!  I was so excited.  The senior couple from Arad came down just for first hour, and She asked me on the spot if I would translate for her while she talked in sacrament. I said Yes of course and it actually went REALLY WELL!! I was super proud of myself. It's moments like that when you know the gift of tongues is real. :)
I am so grateful to be here, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Yes somedays it is harder than others but I know it is all worth it. I am learning so much and growing everyday. I love you all and appreciate all of your support and love :)

Have a great week!
Love, Sora Maegan
Elder and Sora Alston.  I sure am going to miss them.
Our District with the Alston's




ROMANIA IS BEAUTIFUL!!  LOOK AT THE FALL LEAVES!!

Can you tell I couldn't sleep on the train so I took lots of fun pictures. 


Met some new Sora's today.  Love them already.
MTC Sora's and President Ivory

Sleeper train on the ride back to Timmi. 


Brownies with some yummy chocolate bar.
Sure do love Sora Parker :) 
Homemade Noodles - Yummy!
My Thankful tree my family sent me.  I am SO Thankful for my family!






No comments:

Post a Comment