Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Week 11 Timisoara - It's December Already?

IT"S DECEMBER ALREADY?!

I can’t believe it, it feels like December was just yesterday, me being so ready to turn 19, Christmas, and about to leave on the mission... but now look where we are, I'm almost 20, it's almost time to Skype home for Christmas, and it's almost been a year on the mission! Time flies when you're having fun, that's for sure.
Today it is a holiday here, the 1st of December is like our 4th of July. The lights in Centru are all set up, there is a giant Christmas tree, little booths up and down the sidewalk and a big stage for a concert going on later tonight. They turn the lights on for the season and I am SO excited. 
This week was a great one, we had a few lessons some with the piano students and then some with our great members. I love the Romanian people.  They have the kindest hearts. 

Thanksgiving, it was different being away from home, but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  Sora Parker and I were the cooks for the day. We made the best thanksgiving dinner. It was so much fun. Homemade pecan and apple pies, homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, stuffing and Chicken (couldn't get turkey). Talk about a good meal. We have turned into some real ‘cooking women’ here, you would be proud mom. ;)
We even went around the table saying 3 things we were grateful for. ( A fun tradition we do with our family at home.) It was a great day, I wouldn't have wanted to spend it anywhere else but here as a missionary in the best city of Romania. 
This week was a week of gratitude, I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to be here and serve these amazing people. I am grateful for all the amazing friendships I have made. I am grateful for this gospel and the blessing it brings into my life. I am especially grateful for all of you and your support to me, so many of you have helped me in ways you don't even know. And most of all I am grateful for my family. They are the most amazing people in my lives and I love them so much.  I am so blessed and I love this time of year where we spend time thinking of all the blessings we have in our lives. 

I love you all, Have a great week!

Love, Sora Maegan :)
The Big Christmas Tree - getting ready for the lighting ceremony tonight. Love my warm boots.
Happy Thanksgiving :)  We celebrate with our district.
Sora Parker and I baked and baked!
Cutest little 5 year old.  Such a bubbly personality.  
It's Fall and getting colder. 




No comments:

Post a Comment