Tuesday, March 3, 2015
Week 6 Ploiesti -Transfer 10! Woot Woot!
Hey Family :)
WoW, this week seemed like an eternity..... so little but so much happened.
Tuesday: We had piano/ voice lessons with Sora Merlan in the morning, then right after was english and we had our 1 little girl show up, we taught her about animals. She is a ball of energy! Super cute though. Then right after us 4 sisters went to visit Sora Ionescu and her son.
Funny Story..... So Sora Uhl is basically an animal whisperer.... Sora Ionescu has a pet guinea pig... random right? so while we were all talking sora reached over and touches the guinea pig, it literally flew to the other side of the cage and sqealed!!
Wednesday: We took our first ZONE P-DAY! We went to Peles Castle.It's SO beautiful there in the mountains. It was raining so everything looked fresh and so pretty. It was really fun to see everybody from the zone and to see some beautiful parts of Romania.
Thursday: We had district meeting and that was good obviously because our district is pretty awesome. Sora wasn't feeling too well. So I discovered how nice it was to work/study out on our balcony. :) That night we were supposed to have a Relief Society zumba activity, we came to the church and none of them showed up.... half of the branch is sick right now so nobody could make it. But when that starts working it will be such a fun deal.
Friday: It was another sick day for Sora Uhl and so I did a lot of personal study. :) I read a talk called Forget me Not by President Uchdorft
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/forget-me-not?lang=eng
I really liked it, it talked about 5 essential things we should never forget. Two things I really liked were First Never forget to be patient with yourself.... that one is really hard but when we realize that nobody is perfect and we were given weaknesses to work through then and turn them into strengths it helps. Ether 12:27.and Second forget not to be happy NOW! Being happy is SO important, if you need to fake a smile do it, it instantly makes you feel better :) haha
That night we were supposed to have the branch missionary activity, but again nobody showed up because everybody is sick.
Saturday: We finished out English class for the transfer, it was really fun, we all roasted smores in the front parking lot, they loved that. Then us 4 sisters and a Recent convert Alexandra went to visit Sora Blegeanu. She made us Sarmale with chicken in it, really good. She is such a sweet lady. Her and her husband are trying to move back to Utah by August to live with all her kids. Super exciting.
Saturday night the YSA rented out a futbal field and we played futbal all night :) super fun!! The youth in this branch are awesome!!
Sunday: Fast and testimony meeting, always good. I love hearing members bear their testimonies, they are so amazing.
I was able to teach primary :) last minute the teacher got sick and asked me to take over. I was more than happy to, I love the kids in this branch. When we come to church each week they run up to us yelling "SORA PARRRRRR" haha it's really cute :)
Transfer boards came out Sora Uhl and I get to stay together!!! We are SO happy about it. We finally feel like we know the city and are ready to take off this transfer :) Sora Allen is getting a Baby!!!! we're super excited because we get to be the fun aunts! Sora Armstrong is leaving but...... she's going to Constanta which is sooo cool!. Seriously she is an amazing missionary, she bore her testimony in sacrament and the spirit was So strong. I'm going to miss her so much, she is going to do amazing things in Constanta.
Basically I can't believe i'm going into my 10th transfer, crazy!!!
Anyways, this week was such a good one. I'm really glad I'm staying here in Ploiesti and I'm happy to be with Sora Uhl again :)
I love you all, hope you have a great week!!!
Cu drag, Sora Maegan Parr :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment