I FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON!!
When I first got into the country I started reading the Book of Mormon and I just finished it yesterday. It was amazing to read it and to pray about it, I can say that I know the Book of Mormon is true and I know that Heavenly Father loves me as his daughter and he loves each of his children. The spirit I felt when closing the book was sooo strong. I think the verse that stood out to me the most was
Moroni 10:32
Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness;and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect inChrist; and if by the grace of God ye bare perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
I love how the youth theme this year is "Come Unto Christ" it is the greatest invitation we have. Come unto him and be perfected, strive to do as he would and by his grace and love we will be perfected.
I challenge you all to start reading or continue reading the Book of Mormon every day, and to do all you can to be a good disciple of Christ and Come unto him in all that we do.
I am so grateful that I am here in Romania to bring the same happiness I have in my life to Heavenly Fathers other children here. I have felt my testimony grow so much and continue to grow each day.
I love you all and am so grateful for all your love and support.
Have a good Week :)
<3 Sora Maegan Parr
** notes from her email to me **
Sora Parr has been sick this week but is still very positive and happy. The elders gave her a blessing. She is so strong and happy.
Daniella is still coming to church and progressing and has been very busy with her intern at the Hospital but she does want to get baptized and they just need to set a date. She is so excited about it.
Her branch is still small but the spirit is so strong each week. She is so thankful to be able to take the sacrament each week and for all she has been blessed with.
Her current companion goes home this next transfer - like next week. She is going to miss her and the fun she has had with her. She will find out next week who her new companion will be.
It has been raining a lot there and yet they still find the fun and joy. She sent a clip of them dancing and singing in the rain and you can hear the cars go by and honk. They had an activity where they tried to eat donuts from a string.
Her companion has never had a peanut butter and honey sandwich. So she made homemade bread and someone from their English classes gave them a fresh jar of honey, and she loved it.
You can just tell she loves being a missionary and sharing her light with others. We are so proud of you Sora Maegan :)
No comments:
Post a Comment