Monday, June 2, 2014

Week 3 in Craiova - "In the Strength of the Lord, I can do All Things."

This is the park with the bridge it is so pretty.
This week was so great! we had so many adventures!
We started English this week, had a decent amount of people show up! Lots of them are staying for our spiritual thoughts and we are excited to start meeting with a few of them. :)

We contacted though the huge park here, we spent about 4 hours there. Talked to some really great people! there were a few contacts where Sora had to walk away to answer an english call and I was left to talk in Romanian!!! It was literally the gift of tongues and understanding because it went really well! That was exciting :)
I found my new favorite song "In the strength of the Lord" by Jenny Phillips. If you can go and listen to it. It was so cool, one night while we were journaling it, turned on and some of the lyrics say "He believes I can do hard things if I have faith in him" which has been my mission theme.

We went sing contacting in a Romanian hospital this week. REALLY interesting experience. As we were walking in we see a man walking out with his head all bandaged and blood all down his clothes... Then we went straight up to the top floor, not knowing it was the children's floor. There was one room we walked into where the nurse was rocking this new born baby boy using only 2 fingers to touch him. We sang I am a child of God, and then after asked her what his name was. She replied "I don't know, he was born 2 weeks ago and his mom left him right after, so we are taking him to the orphanage in a few days." That was sooo hard to hear. I was truly humbled that day. But I was glad that we got to go and touch those people that day. Even though we aren't the most musically talented district, the spirit was there and their faces lit up as we sang to them :) Amazing experience :)
We did planul salvarii chalk contacting this week in the park! So cool and fun. :)
My companion let me cut her hair this morning!!

We are starting a "dance class" next week, I am really excited for that. Sora has done it before and got 3 investigators who are still investigating! We will have a performance at the end of the 3 weeks. I am excited, I might teach them some cheers too. :)
We had one of our investigators come to church yesterday so we were happy about that.
Things here in Craiova are going great, I am loving it.

And remember, with the strength of the Lord you can do all things.
Love you all <3Sora Maegan Parr :)
This bridge is so pretty 
In the park :)
I made french bread for the elders so they would go singing contacting with us.

The AP's brought Sora her Package she was sooo excited :)
Contacting in the Park with the Elders
Plan of Salvation Chalk Contacting
P-Day with Sora H
 The next 3 pictures are on her missionary planner.  From her district in Bacau made it for her.  They all do fun things for their planner covers and take turns making fun things from that transfer.
This has been my quote for the week.  Thank you Elder O.
Front of my planner :)
Sora Parr cutting Sora H hair - Brooke you would be proud of me.
She got Grandpa Woof Woof and Grandma Dixie Package with the cute dresses she was so excited.  You look darling Sora Parr :)   He also sent Kool-aid and they have been LOVING that.  More pictures of the other dresses to come Grandma.  Thank you :)
LOVE you ALL Have a Great Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment